Safety Precautions Taken by Audio Video Specialists in Response to COVID-19
The team at Audio Video Specialists is keeping an eye on all the latest news about the COVID-19 outbreak in the United States and around the world, and we are taking all necessary precautions to keep our employees, clients and community safe during this time. Health precautions and protocols in line with the State of Illinois, WHO and CDC directives are taking place throughout our organization to reduce the spread of disease. Every day our team reviews up-to-date recommendations to ensure we are doing everything to curb the spread of COVID-19.
Though these may change over time, here are the current steps we are taking to reduce the risks associated with the COVID-19 virus:
- Every technician is equipped with hand-sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol to clean their hands. It is also readily available at our office and work sites to be used by all our employees. In addition, all employees must wash their hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Any Employees who may have any symptoms of Flu or other illness are recommended to stay home and not come to work until they are free of fever (100.4° F [37.8° C] or greater using an oral thermometer), signs of a fever, and any other symptoms for at least 24 hours, without the use of fever-reducing or other symptom-altering medicines (e.g. cough suppressants). Employees are instructed to notify their supervisor and their healthcare provider immediately upon experiencing any symptoms.
- None of our Employee have recently traveled or have family members who have tested positive for COVID-19. If this changes they will go through a CDC-directed risk assessment for potential exposure and be directed to stay home if necessary.
- Disinfectant wipes are readily available throughout our job sites to wipe down frequently touched surfaces including workstations, countertops, doorknobs, remotes, and touch panels. In the field, our installers also have wipes handy to wipe down tools and equipment before and after each use.
- Our technicians & installers are following strict on-site health and safety guidelines including the use of disposable gloves, face masks and sterilization products.
- We will refrain from shaking hands with clients and will maintain recommended distances while in your home or business.
- Employees have flexible sick leave policies that offer them the ability to care for themselves and family when needed.
We appreciate your trust during these unprecedented times, and we take the health and wellbeing of our clients and employees very seriously. To protect our staff, we also ask that our clients communicate if anyone in your home or business is experiencing symptoms or has been exposed to the virus. We also ask that you follow the CDC’s guidelines for preventing the spread of COVID-19 while we are on-site. If you have any questions about these precautions, please do not hesitate to reach out.